01 March 2009

confessional #2

There must be something in the water... Holly, Sooze and I all fell off the wagon this week and bought craft stuff. Like them, I could blame something (or someone... Ellen, I'm looking in your general direction), and I can make the argument that I was going to have to buy these fabrics eventually anyway, since I have next to no pink fabric in my stash and Habetrot has recently informed me that all of her pink baby knitting was well-guessed. What I would rather do though, is consider these initial two weeks of the Use Me Up Challenge to be like those of a new diet. They say that when you try to loose weight, your body freaks out a little and in fact you might gain a pound or two before you start to loose any.

Or maybe I'm just not cut out for this? We'll see.

So yeah, I bought an entire quilt top's worth of fabric on Friday. I popped it all in the wash on Friday night, ironed it on Saturday morning, and then something amazing happened: I sat down, desgined the quilt, cut the pieces and had the whole thing pieced before lunch. Now get this: the baby isn't due until this summer! I really don't know how that happened....





Other projects I worked on this week:

* organizing my craft room: I love the new set-up, and I feel so.... organized!

* the Liesel scarf and the aforementioned dishcloth for Heather and Stephen (deemed an "incredibly fancy dishcloth" by the ladies at my knitting group):



...and as I headed out of the back yard, I snapped an obligatory spring-is-coming crocus photo -- they were all over, right after Thursday's snow melted.

9 comments:

Sooze said...

See, but you at least have already done something with your purchase, whilst "I" have...looked at it. Imagining it into a hat for my friends little adeline...hoping the craft fairies will come and cut it out for me. I really object to the cutting... :)

froghair said...

sooze -- nice to "meet" you! I hope you don't mind my including you in my post, as we've never even communicated before today. And I certainly know the feeling of getting the craft purchase(s) home and then...looking at them. Perhaps I should do an entry on all of the projects I have in mind... either with supplies in hand or not. : )

Heather said...

Oooo! I love everything on your post! Can't wait to see the finished product of the "incredibly fancy dishcloths!" :)

Holly said...

Now see, your falling off the wagon isn't bad at all, especially since you basically used up all your new stuff! It's like it never happened...or something.

Jackie Russell said...

Cute quilt. I don't think it should count since you did use it right away. Right?

froghair said...

I like the way you ladies think! If I use it right away, it doesn't count! : ) thanks!

Heather: I can't wait to show you either! and soon, you'll be knitting up your own fancy... everythings!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

ooohhhh!!!!! crocuses!!! deep sigh...is it already that time of year there?

froghair said...

indeed it is, wayfarer. that said, it has been (and is as I write) snowing around here off and on all weekend. yesterday we had "corn snow" pellets over .5 inches in diameter!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

it snowed 6inches here this weekend and it's snowing again. However, the fact that it's snowing means it's above 0 degrees F. And it makes for some spectacular skiing. All the same, I do miss crocuses. I may have to steal your pic for my desktop for awhile just to satisfy the craving :)