10 October 2008

WIP: cricket costume, 1

While on the beach, Emily and I discussed Zoe's halloween costume. Being nicknamed Cricket, and knowing that in a few years, she likely wouldn't go for this idea on her own, we decided to dress her up as a cricket. Now, as any sewist knows, there might be a Jimminy Cricket (TM) costume pattern out there, but that's not exactly what we're going with this. So, starting with a pair of light green pajamas (with feet, naturally), I traced the shape and developed a little pattern to make a little smock.
The front will be light green and will hang to about her waist, and the back will be darker green and will feature a multi-colored segmented abdomen (tail). That's about as far as I've gotten.
Will keep you posted!

No comments: