01 January 2008

resolve

I love making new years resolutions (also here). Unfortunately (or fortunately, for my list-making-organized-self), this year's resolutions looks more like a to do list than anything....

For 2008, I resolve to....

* Buy no new books (text books for school are excepted -- anyone who has ever seen me in a bookstore will know that I have just set the bar way up there)
* Eat less meat, if any (really, I mean it this time)
* If I need something, buy it used instead of new, if possible
* Make a quilt for Eric and me, finally
* Study for and take the GRE, then apply to the UW MLA program
* Phase out paper crafts
* Volunteer at least once per quarter
* Exercise and eat healthier
* Be on time with birthday cards

4 comments:

matte said...

wow, that's a CRAZY resolution, your first one. that's like giving up breathing for lent. I know the library and borrowing from friends can get you pretty far, but still. At least i know what to get you for your birthday.

Mushroom Honey said...

Sounds like you've got some great ideas for resolutions! I've taken the GRE's, let me know if you'd like some help or advise. Happy New Year!

froghair said...

Thanks guys! We'll see how it goes. Matte -- it's not as crazy as it sounds: I have something like 50 books waiting for my attentive eyeballs on my bookshelves, and since we're planning on downsizing the number of bookshelves, we also have to downsize the number of books. Really, it's not that crazy. Though I'm not saying that it'll be an easy resolution....

Wayfarer Scientista said...

I'm with you on number one...my goal is to always check the library first (which means that I take a piece of paper & a pen with me to the bookstore annd feverishly write down all the ones that look good and then take the list to the library). I've come a long ways since I made this goal but the one place I always can't resist is at the airport.