22 January 2007

log cabin

one more quilt finished! I have been working on this quilt through three cities and three years. I started it in 2005 for Jana and Mike's wedding, and didn't get done in time. Disappointed with myself, it sat and collected dust for a good long time before I picked it up again. On and off again, other quilts started and finished in between, but on Friday, I finished it. It's by far the largest one I've done so far (measuring a little more than 60 x 60"). I love the traditional pattern -- the log cabin pattern is traditionally made with a red center square, which symbolizes the hearth of the home....

3 comments:

matte said...

excellent...that's beautiful!

mom said...

Very nicely done, sweetie! Three gifts that will be treasured always! And the lucky recipients will remember you with love...

Heather said...

This is truely a masterpiece!