18 January 2007

another quilt, done

A colleague and I made this quilt together for another colleague who had a baby (sort of) recently. The pattern is called 'Eclipse' and it's by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr of FunQuilts, who also designed the 'Marquee' quilt pattern that I used for Zoe's quilt. The arcs were a small challenge, but really not as hard as they look. The colors were fantastic, and the recipeint described herself as "speechless"....


specs: the quilt is about 50" square, and the arcs are pieced (not appliqued). to add a bit of whimsy, we used a star pattern for the quilting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So tell me...how does one "sort of" have a baby? I would make a comparison, but the standard comparison is "it's like being sorta pregnant"...

matt

andi said...

hee hee... I meant for that to read "sort of recently" -- meaning, not-so-recently-but-we're-giving-her-a-baby-quilt-anyway. the baby was born in March 2006.

Heather said...

I love all of the bright vibrant colors!